- Choose Red Deer County
Choose Red Deer County
Location, Location, Location
Red Deer County is located along one of the busiest corridors in Canada, at the crossroads of major air, rail, and ground transportation. The region has the transportation infrastructure required to move products, employees, and machinery to and from major production sites in the country.
Red Deer County has amazing natural features, such as lakes, rivers, trails, and parks, which make it a wonderful place for indoor and outdoor recreation. Being conveniently located halfway between Calgary and Edmonton also provides for a plethora of opportunities and amenities.
- Easy access to Highway 2, (connects Alberta to the rest of Canada and the United States)
- Rail transport is provided by Canadian National (CN) and Canadian Pacific (CP)
- Edmonton International Airport is located 120 kilometers (75 miles) to the north
- Calgary International Airport is 140 kilometers (87 miles) to the south
- Red Deer Regional Airport is 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) southwest of the City of Red Deer.
The Alberta Advantage is prevalent in Red Deer County.
Red Deer County boasts no provincial sales tax, no health care premiums, lower personal income tax rates, and the lowest fuel tax among Canada’s provinces. County property taxes consist of school, municipal taxes, and specific service requisitions. Businesses from around the world are locating to Red Deer County to take advantage of these benefits. Red Deer County is a great place to do business.
A Young, Highly Skilled Labour Market
With a population over 20,000, Red Deer County covers an area of 4,042 square kilometers. (1,575 square miles). Within the boundaries of Red Deer County are over 120,000 highly skilled residents, whom live in urban areas encompassed by Red Deer County.
We are one of the fastest growing regions in Canada with:
- Exceptional training centers such as Red Deer College - with over 80 programs
- One of the youngest and most educated workforces in Canada
- Organizations like the Chamber of Commerce that can assist you with your labour needs
Helping You Succeed
Raising Central Alberta's profile as a great place to do business, Red Deer County's Economic Development Department is a one-stop shop to potential supply chains, partnership, and market expansion opportunities. Stop in to discuss labour, warehousing and distribution, or to learn more about the County's top industries including manufacturing, agriculture, and transportation. Contact the Economic Development Department, we look forward to helping your business.
Committed to Regional Cooperation
Red Deer County is involved in several major partnerships focused on economic development. We regularly partner with the City of Red Deer, Red Deer College, and the Red Deer Chamber of Commerce to promote the Red Deer region and ensure local business stays strong.
- Central Alberta Access Prosperity: Your one-stop networking and information resource about business in Central Alberta.
- Central Alberta Economic Partnership: Recognized as both an innovative way to facilitate rural economic development and serves as a vital partner in the continued diversification of Central Alberta's economy. Featuring strategies that build on the region’s existing efforts and successes, and provides a solid direction for future growth on the global market.
One of the Best Tax Environments in North America
The tax rate in Red Deer County is one of the most favourable in Canada. This means:
- No provincial capital taxes or sales tax
- No business taxes in the Red Deer region
- County property taxes are school, municipal taxes and specific service requisitions
Red Deer County offers real experiences for both young and old. The area is rich in authentic sights and sounds – from riding tall in the saddle to catching that elusive first fish, Red Deer County is an escape from the rush of city life. The best part is our campgrounds, fishing, ski areas, and golf courses are only a short drive away from Alberta’s two largest cities.
In addition to the multitude of outdoor adventure, our museums, galleries, craft shops, and festivals make Red Deer County a favourite among travellers. Accommodations are easy to find and range from large hotels to peaceful bed and breakfast homes.
Red Deer County’s rolling scenery provides beautiful views of our many rivers, lakes and valleys. Spend the day on a working farm or cruising down the slopes of Canyon Ski Resort. Three major recreational lakes are contained in Red Deer County - Pine Lake, Sylvan Lake, and Gleniffer Reservoir. Golfers can play on one of our numerous courses – offering options from beginner to championship level.