Springbrook South Development Opportunities
Red Deer County invites those interested to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the purchase of land within the Hamlet of Springbrook. The opportunity involves the purchase of various sized commercial and industrial parcels in Springbrook South, located adjacent to the Springbrook Natural Park and immediately south of the residential neighborhoods of the hamlet.
Learn more about Springbrook South Development Opportunities
Gasoline Alley West
Gasoline Alley West is an up and coming community that will promote a healthy environment, job growth and business diversity. Ground has broken on a new 184 unit seniors/dementia care facility and an extended stay hotel this year – both of which were previously unavailable in the central Alberta region.
New Service Facilities
Along with these facilities comes a much desired medical hub; a pharmacist, eye doctor, dentist and other medical related businesses are establishing themselves in Gasoline Alley. There is already quite the financial hub existing with the many accounting firms that have moved out there and it’s still growing.
Gasoline Alley West will also be home to Liberty Landing, a new residential community. This subdivision, along with a recently approved mixed use commercial/residential multi-story building will complement the current existing service industry facilities available within the area.
Red Deer Regional Airport
From the moment you enter the airport you will see that things are changing and that we do things differently at Red Deer Airport. We are proud to be your airport, one that is committed to safety and service. Whether your travel is for business or pleasure or you are looking for a great place to do business, we can deliver. Our customers, our employees and our stakeholders connect the most with what we stand for — quality, safety, professional service, a customer-focus and progressive culture. Today, we are an airport with an attitude that is more relevant for our changing business – “a bit less formal, a lot livelier with links to our past and a big nod to the future.”
Key Stats & Accomplishments
- The Red Deer Region's growing economy equates to thriving businesses. Many of the Region's traditional and emerging sectors are expanding at record rates.
- Traditional sectors include oil and gas; petrochemicals; agriculture; food and beverage processing; distribution, wholesale and retail services; and tourism. Newly emerging sectors include telecommunications and wireless services; biotechnology; value-added agriculture; software development; and electronics and microelectronics.
- Within minutes of the Red Deer Region, an expanding cluster of major petrochemical operators including Nova, Dow, and BP Canada Chemicals Company employ over 1,100 staff. This is the third largest petrochemical cluster in Canada.
- Parkland Income Fund was named one of Alberta's 30 Fastest Growing Companies in the province.
- Contact the Economic Development Department, we look forward to helping your business.